Sat, 04 Apr|
WEEKEND WAVES Saturday Dance
Drop In, Wake Up, Shake Down and Dance together to support us in this time of challenge ........
Time & Location
04 Apr 2020, 19:30 – 21:00 BST
About the event
A simple dance designed to release our inner dancer and awaken the courage and willingness to be with this wild moment in time. In the safety of your own home, we will attune, connect and dance to find ourself at our most fluid, creative and grounded. Dance is the medicine, light guidance and multi-genre inspirational music will support our journey. No special skills, no steps to follow, you will be guided to find your own expression and choreography. All welcome no matter what shape, size, age or level of experience.
I am offering these dances on a donation basis. Please pay what feel able to, all donations are gratefully received. If you feel unable to pay you are still welcome to join.
I will be using a platform called Zoom, it can be accessed from computer, iPad or iPhone. If you have a computer, choose that over the iPad or iPhone, not only will the sound be better but also you can interact more and see more of others. At the beginning of the class time, click the link that came in your registration email. This will take you to a window where each of us can see each other in a grid on the computer.
- You'll need a fairly strong internet connection (close down any applications not being used)
- Download Zoom, an online conferencing call platform.
- Watch this introductory video if you are new to Zoom (less than 1 minute long)
- Please arrive early especially if you are new Zoom to make sure your video and audio is working.
- You can arrive on Zoom up to 15mins before the start time, please be on time. If you can please stay until the end of the session, your presence really makes a difference.
- If you’re not in the UK, check your time zone.
- Register in advance, after registering you will receive a confirmation email with Zoom Link
- Enough space to move in. If you are in a shared space you might find a room to yourself so you can dive into your own dance unselfconsciously. Or invite your friends/family to join you.
- Comfortable clothes
- Water to drink
- Maybe light a candle to mark a transition from the everyday to the dance
- Reduce distractions; Phone on Airplane mode, email closed
What we will do:
Arrival : 15 minutes - Warm up for us all to arrive and start to move.
The Dance : 1 hour - I will play music and offer some light guidance / suggestions. The invitation is for you to take this however you want into dance. Fast or slow, big or small, wild or calm, following your own energy. You May chose to have your computer camera on or off. Perhaps you will feel sense of being connected to the group while being in your own space.
Ending : 15 minutes - We will come together and for those who wish I will split us into small groups to share our experience.